Re: extra tix 7/21

	I have to say that despite their age The Who can still rock.
Daltrey is in great shape.  He scream at the end of "Had Enough" kicked
ass.  As always John got dicked over.  What's with not even letting him
play a tune as an encore.  A Quiet One would have been great, but his solo
on 5:15 would impressive.
	I talked to one of the English stage managers for about 10 minutes
Wednesday afternoon.  He confirmed to me that there are unofficial "pencil
dates" all over the U.S. for further Quad shows.  Evidently Pete's
planning on Tommyizing Quad.  It wouldn't surprise me if Quad on Broadway
wins 5 tonys two years from now.  I also asked him about the pete, john,
and rog.  He said that Pete is an intellectual and deep thinker, Roger is a
true rock star who absolutely loves touring (with the Who obviously) and
John is real quiet and independent.  This is all probably self-evident,
but what the heck.
	It's not that there show didn't wail, but it was rather short in my
estimation.  In '89 they did 15 or so more tunes after Tommy.  Last night
they did about 7.  Enjoy this weeks shows.  Don't even think that you're
going to come out of there without smelling of pot.  It's everywhere, but
you're probably aware of that.  I hope they play Pinball Wizard.  We're
expecting a thunderstorm tonight.  My ritual is to open all the windows
and play Quad all the way through as loud as hell.  The thunder and rain
in the background blends so well with the music.  It's unbelievable.  Try
it. pcb5@cornell.edu