Re: Rating the show

Ian,

Just a few comments about your post this morning:

>For those who know of other music other than the Who,

Well..I'd like to believe that I'm pretty open minded regarding music in
general. And, frankly, I wholeheartedly agree with the rating of the Quad show.
The boys (and girls!) knocked my socks off as well. This has nothing to do with
"bias", just a healthy opinion.

>should we run to our "bias scale" and convert??

Ummm....No. The guy thought that last nights show was a 14.2. That's it.
Remember, due to the HBO show many of us were concerned if they could pull this
off again at all. The fact that they were able to put together the MSG shows,
make them entertaining, and sound great in the process, was a real thrill for
me.

>I could only dream of giving the Who a 14.2 inbetween 1969 and 1976.

Pardon me, but this is utter horseshit. Granted, would I have loved to have seen
the original WHO lineup? You bet. Did I have a choice? Hell no. However, though
Keith may be dead the boys can continue on. And have done so admirably on this
occasion.

>Without Keith, the band can now only pull a 9.9

See above. BTW, Zak Starkey was perfect, IMO as a music fan (I'm not a drummer).
There were more than a few times when I was able to close my eyes and hear
Keith's influence without effort. And I appreciated the fact that he was
obviously working his ass off to get that sound.

>I like to look at my favorite rock band subjectively

That's fine and well. But, to say that someones opinion of the current lineup is
based on a lack musical knowledge is bunk. Their opinions may be based on, as
mine are to a point, emotion. To some extent, at least. To me that's been the
beauty of Quad since I first heard it, say... 15 yrs. ago.

>I don't like blind fans

Don't mean to wax philosophical here. But, don't we due to the plain fact that
we are WHO fans have the blinders on to some extent anyway? I'm not saying that
we have them on completely, of course. But, remember, FAN is short for fanatic.
And, regarding "blind fans". We do know, although the WHO may be well respected
by rock fans in general, they have never gained the popularity of say, the
Beatles or Zep for instance. With that, isn't it better to have "blind" WHO fans
than none at all.

Don