Re: questions after viewing HBO.

Jeff Williams wrote:

> i'm addressing this specifically to the list members who were at
> hyde park as it wasn't evident in the hbo broadcast.  Bernd please
> help.

Bernd's probably in transit right now, so I'll do my best.

> Who sang 'I'm One'?

Pete, plus a few members of the audience in my vicinity :-)

> were the banjo parts of 'I've Had Enough' actually played and if so
> by whom? (i heard them, but the camera didn't cut to anyone playing
> those parts)

I don't recall seeing anyone play banjo. The official programme doesn't credit
anyone with it, but this is of course not totally reliable.

> did simon townshend chop off all the hair that was on DST?
Never saw DST, but his hair was really short, showing signs of receding at the
front.

> those are my questions for now. i'm sure i'll have more later.

Feel free! Here's some impressions on your impressions:

> 1. gary glitter is really fat.  i'm not saying that in a negative way
> i just didn't realize it before.

Yep, he's humungous! I think this added to the humour of it all. Most of the
audience at Hyde Park recognised him instantly (from the 70's) and were, I think,
genuinely shocked by his size. Of course, we all know he's crap, but IMHO he made
a superb contribution on the strength of him being an "icon" who is impossible to
take seriously. Good on him! Did you get to see the bit where he fell over and was
stranded like a beached whale until Rog hauled him up?

> 2. Roger's voice in the low end is really strong and the screams still
> get praise because they're still there only different.

He did struggle a couple of times, but still very impressive I thought.

> 3. the band with dylan was the same as when i saw him here in march.
> i was wondering then if the bass player had ever been out in public.
> same version of sylvio.

Missed Dylan's set queueing for a veggieburger and/or the crapper.

> i of course withhold the right to be wrong and change my mind at any
> time.

And so do I! Hope everyone going to MSG has a thoroughly good time.

Cheers,
Mark.