corporate pete

WFang writes:

I was at a record show yesterday. I asked one of the dealers (who usually
carries Who stuff) if he was going to MSG...

...He got really pissy and said, "No <Riker> way! I've supported that
<Riker>
band for so many <Riker> years and <Riker> Pete Townshend pulls this
American
Express <Picard>!!! That's It, I'm selling my entire Who collection.
<Riker>
them! I can't believe that <Riker> Townshend went corporate! That's
<Riker>
it! I'm NOT even going watch the HBO special! <Riker> Them!"
<<<

Apparently, he missed the '82 tour... which was sponsored by Schlitz,
right?  Wasn't the ad campaign "Schlitz Rocks America" or something
ridiculous like that?

For the guy with the "actual carbon copy" of the Woodstock contract and
rejection letter: you should rent a safe deposit box for those items.  No
telling how much they could be worth.  In fact, I'd recommend hiring a
special security company to install anti-theft systems in your home, lay
Claymore mines in your yard and maybe even hire  a personal bodyguard
(preferably a virtual judo expert with a machine gun).  I'm sure there
isn't a single person on this list who wouldn't pay at least 15 bucks for
that stuff.  'Course, you'd have throw in a remastered CD of Live At
Leeds...

Seriously, that stuff came in every package of the Leeds release, both
original and reissue.  Someone is either pulling your leg/ripping you
off, or you don't understand the group you're addressing.

OK,
KLW