Re: New Quad: MCA vs. Polydor

        This has struck me as weird from the beginning.  I bought the new
     MCA on day 1, but I was on vacation at the time.  I listened to it
     good and loud many times and loved it.  I then get off vacation and
     there's all these messages about bad mixes and flat sound.  I don't
     remember hearing anything of the sort!  So I read in detail where all
     the flawed mixes are, then go back and listen again.  Except for a few
     things (that tape noise at the head of 5:15), I still don't hear them.
     Then wf posts that the Polydor is much better in a way that seems to
     reflect my hearing of my MCA Quad.
        I'm beginning to suspect that some of the MCA Quads (mine,
     mleaman's) are identical to the Polydor, while a lot of the MCA's are
     some poorly-mastered mix.
        Quick! Let's all fly to a central location and compare CD's!  I'd
     say here in Atlanta, but it's crowded here now.

                                -Brian
                                 In the center of the Olympic ring