I think Pete was being sarcastic in GW Interview

     Jennifer Davies and Gary Gillman were surprised at Pete's comments in the Guitar World interview.
     Let me repeat what Mick Noland (Extremus) kindly posted:

>On working with Rog:
>GW: Did the idea for the Hyde Park gig grow out of a desire on your part to
>mount a state production of Quad?
>
>PT: Yes. But it also grew out of a need to find some elegant way to reopen >my relationship with Roger Daltrey. The two are of equal importance; I >couldn't possibly to Quad in the park without Roger. So when I agreed to do >the show, I was telling myself, "Hey, you're going to have to ring up Roger <on your knees!> (italics) And accept any conditions he imposes on you." >Which was something I gladly did. Now I can say to a journalist "It was >fucking difficult. He just didn't want to do it."
>[Ed. note: Daltrey has often complained to the press of Townshend's
>unwillingness to play live with the Who.]

     Jen and Gary, after you've read the editor's note, please reread Pete's comments and think about Pete being sarcastic.  Unless I'm way off base, this is the way I think it should be interpreted.

     Tim Herrlinger