Re: PT interview

At 19:31 14/07/96 -0400, you wrote:
>        MN: thanx for posting those selected cuts from Guitar World!
>
>        On working ith Roger: have to beg him to get back with his favourite
>band?  Having difficulty getting Roger to join Pete on stage to sing
>Quadrophenia?  Is he talking about the same Roger Daltrey?  (Is there a
>Roger Jr. or something?)
>        I find it hard to believe that Roger did not want to do Quad again.
>Perhaps Pete was exaggerating again...?
>
>JenniferD
>A Guitar          _________
>\---\____________/         \
> :::=====================I  |
>/---/            \_________/
>(Courier font)
>"Be friendly, befriend me now...."
>

>Well, I would have thought the same as Jen but remember Rog made the (to
me) odd comment, when Hyde Park was first announced, that doing it would be
like "going to the dentist". Can the fire Rog has always exhibited for the
Who, through thick and thin, finally be waning? Personally, I think it is
and I think I know the reason why: Rog  feels he doesn't have the vocal
chops any longer. Well, he does and he doesn't...A great performer like
Roger Daltrey can still thrill the audience to its spine on a good night,
whether he knows it or not. Seasoned performers have the gift of keeping the
magic alive -  long after the technical skills have faded. It's a question
of phrasing, stage presence and that ineffable magic that made them a star
to start with - think of Sinatra, Tony Bennett or...Mick Jagger. Good on ya,
Rog, we're with you at MSG.....Gary M.
"...not a child of any revolt but a plain man tied up in life..." ( Pete
Townshend, mid-1970's).