Re: MCA versus Polydor

Dave, re:

<< What's your secondary CD player?  The differences you hear could very well
 result from different D/A converters in your CD players, as well as the
 analog outputs.  If they both have digital outputs, you might want to
 borrow an outboard D/A converter with two digital inputs.  That would
 control for volume and quality of D/A conversion (although you'd still have
 different amounts of digital jitter from the different transports).  >>

Dave, a proper A/B comparison is using the same material on the same
equipment. I didn't have one CD in one player and the other in the other
player. (ie I swapped CDs...) With the difference in sound quality between
the players, that WOULD account for obvious differences.

BTW, I consider my Pioneer Laser Disc player a 2ndary CD player since it
plays CDs as well...

- -wf