Re: QUAD/TOMMY/MSG

SK:

>Like most others, I'm not impressed with the Quad re-issue.

I believe that is an incorrect statement; it appears to me that the "love
it's" are running way ahead of the "a waste's." But perhaps we should take a
poll now that the first flush is over.

>On both though there's an awful lot of echo, seems they relied alot on that
>techneque, but what worked for Tommy didnt for Quad.

You notice after a while that Astley does the same sort of repairs to all of
the remixes. He isolates the vocals and adds reberb, deadens other things,
and so on.
But listening to WHO'S NEXT last night makes me wonder why he didn't do to
the drums and bass what he did to those on the other remixes. I think it
would have been better, and certainly more dramatic.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend