Re: Phil Collins

Gary, re:

<< Trust me when I say PT would have loved to have the solo success of Phil
Collins. And he could have had it, too, had he not stuck so grimly to the
path of 80's confessional art rock..... >>

Nah, can't trust you, 'cause you're wrong! Pete really wasn't looking for
that kinda career at all. After "Chinese Eyes", his out-put has been like one
new album every 4 years. This doesn;t look like someone looking for
commercial success, does it?

>>It makes perfect sense that PT may have wanted Phil Collins sitting on the
drumstool of the latter-day Who - a savvy songwriter, good singer, very
competent drummer and all-round distinctive English pop personality.

He had his opportunites. Didn't take them. Phil is a big fan of Townshend,
even played drums on "Let My Love Open The Door" and "Slit Skirts" for Pete
on the '82 Princes Trust Gala. If Pete wanted to "use" him thereafter, I'm
sure he could have. He didn't.

>>Su-Su-Sudio is a better song than Face the Face, How Can You Do It Alone
(worst Who song ever), or anything say on Psychoderelict (except Flame, which
PT did not write).

"Psychoderelict" is a brilliant album--way ahead of it's time. I'm really
surprised that you can compare that trash from Collins to ANY song on that
album... For shame, Gary!

- -wf