Re: Entertainment in L.A.

Brad, Re:

>    I've heard that David Hasselhoff is considered to be a musical
> genius in Germany.

German girls under 12 admire him, yes.  But the rest of the population agrees
that he is the only man on earth to be more stupid than his car...

> So much for your theory of what "higher level of entertainment" there is in
> your country.

Don't get me wrong, Brad.  I don't want to compare anything here, neither
cities, nor countries, nor their levels of entertainment.  But if you say that
L.A. is the world's capital of entertainment then I have the right to say why
it is not MY capital, and most likely also not the capital of the country I
live in.  I don't have TV, I rarely go to the cinema and if I do I usually
prefer European productions to Hollywood stuff, nearly all of my CDs are
manufactured in Europe and the bands I like are mostly British ones.  So why
should L.A. be the capital of entertainment to me?

You might perhaps say that L.A. is the US capital of entertainment as long as
nobody contradicts.  But again, I remind you that there are more forms of
entertainment than just films and records.

Cheers,

Bernd