re: Phil Collins

wfang wrote:

 -  I'll repeat myself, Collins is OVERRATED.

Once again having missed the statement that resulted in this statement I'd
like to say that as a pop singer writing cute pop songs I'm not sure he's
rated all that highly.

As the leader of a major stadium rock band I'd agree with you.

As a drummer I couldn't disagree with you more strongly.  I saw Genesis once
in the post Peter years and when I woke up mid show he and Tony Thompson (or
is it Chester, I forget) were brilliant in a drum duet.  I remember Phil
saying he wanted the Moon job but that Pete already gave it to Kenny.  I
think Phil might have been the creative spark that Kenny wasn't and that we
are all the poorer that he wasn't the man.

I'm counting the minutes until the HBO show which means if I was going to
MSG I'd probably require medication.