Re: Quad 7/18

Brad, Re:

>   I am definately not the first person to ever call L.A. the
> Entertainment Capitol of the World.  I do feel this title is deserved
> though.  You name me somewhere else that you can find the majority of
> the film and record business in one city besides L.A. and then maybe
> we'll have something to talk about.

Film and record business, fine.  But what about theatres, opera houses,
festivals, etc.  Don't you think that cities like New York, London, Paris,
Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Rome, St. Petersburg, Moscow, etc., etc,. etc. (sorry
for those I haven't mentioned) might provide just a little more entertainment
than L.A.?  I humbly dare to mention (caution, local patriotism approaching!)
even the city I live in for its annual Wagner festival... :-)

Films and records aren't everything in this world.  But, of course, The Who
rule...

Cheers,

Bernd

From: Bernd Gramlich <gramlich@btm1x1.mat.uni-bayreuth.de>