Joke's Over...

Well, my friends...it looks as if I am in the firing line for Bertha after
all. I thought that yes, I'd get some wind and rain as she passed, but now
I'm just about centered according to the NWS. (sigh) Traffic is already
backed up going out of town (this week is the busiest of the year, so
there's several hundred thousand tourists here...and they're all getting
out), and so I don't dare go in to my store or suffer being stuck on the
road for hours. I'll have to wait until tonight to tape up the windows,
after the rush.
So while I'll be online as long as I can be, since the storm is due in the
morning. If I'm not around for a while afterward, that means I have no power
or the phones are out. In fact, I'm not staying in this house for the storm
itself. I've seen what can happen (brick houses moved across the
street...and mine's not brick) and think I'd better find a more sturdy
structure.
Boy, driving in to my store I passed complete gridlock. There's no way I can
go West for a while. You can smell the fear in the air...of course, that is
from those who have never been in a hurricane before... and I have.
I don't have a laptop, so unlike Andy I won't be able to give you updated
reports...I hope he got to Sunset Beach and taped up his resort home,
because that place is going to get the eye of the storm. I might take this
computer with me, though. We'll see. As long as I have power, I'll try to
stay online.