Re: Lauren's Tickets

WFang:

>I don't know, have you surveyed the list? :) Making money off of "friends"
>isn't "captalist", it's just simple greed...

Making money off of friends doesn't have to be characterized as greed at all.
 I have many customers whom I consider friends that I MUST make money off of
in order to continue to serve them and others.  It's the service that is the
key, friend or no friend - if the profit made is proportionate to the service
rendered everyone wins.  It appears to me that Lauren's prices are below
market - gouging would be greed.

I remember Pete introducing "A Friend is a Friend" at Radio City in '89 by
saying "...it seems like we've been friends for a long time..."    Would
anyone disagree that all of Pete's friends who saw any of those shows were
quite happy to have given him the opportunity to "make money" off of his
friends?

My hunch is that folks who do business with Lauren will probably be more her
friends AFTER the show than before -  and that is the real test of "product
satisfaction", how the customer feels after the "sale" is made.

JJM