No Subject

> >Firstly, Christianity has three main holidays, the third one being
> >Whitsunday.
>
> Uh...we don't have that one here. I wonder if you mean Ash Wednesday. When
> is this Whitsunday? It must be called something else here.

Whitsunday = Pentecost = 50th day after Easter.  Christians celebrate the
coming of the Holy Spirit on that day.

> Ha!! Not here! The Xtians are fighting (and some are winning, like in
> Georgia) to teach Creation in school as science!

Silly Bible Belt antics.  But again, these are not the Christians, but only
some fanatics among them.

> Bernd, I'm glad you're open minded. So am I. And believe me, there was a
> time when I believed in that stuff. I was a Jesus Freak for a week, as I
> like to say. I wore the little dress thing and carried a cross up to the
> pulpit, and lit the candles, and all of that. But further study began to
> point out the obvious flaws...and then as I got deeper, I found evidence
> that proved that some things that are totally at odds with Xtianity were
> undeniably true. Without getting into a really long note, and for the sake
> of letting you find your own path in the proper manner, let me just tell you
> that it's been proven to me without any doubt. Against my will, you might
> say...since I resisted the logic to the end. It's not comfortable to have
> your beliefs shattered...but in the end, I couldn't deny what I couldn't
> deny and stay honest.

Mark, you are preaching here, and you are talking about a truth you found.
Isn't that exactly the same behaviour you are blaming your `Xtians' for?  So,
what makes you better than them when you behave exactly like they do?

Don't get me wrong.  I accept your own belief, and I am happy for you that you
have found a spiritual way that inspires your thoughts and makes you able to
live a satisfactory life.

But I kindly request you to also accept other people's belief, even if you
think that they are mistaken and even if there are some fanatics among them.
You are no better than them and they are no better than you.  We all try to get
some help from spirituality, and we shouldn't brawl publicly about which
spiritual way is the best.

So, for this list's sake, can we end the discussion with the result that we
agree about the goal of spirituality but disagree about the methods?  I would
appreciate that especially since...  (last sentence to be finished in private
e-mail only)

Cheers,

Bernd