The week in review. . .

I made it through the hurricane yesterday by listening to the new Quad (it
either sounds great, like shit, or the same.  I have no idea which) and
playing with my laptop.  I hadn't touched it since last Wednesday, so the
e-mail had really piled up.  I realize there are many people who take
vacations this time of year, so I thought that to keep you from wading
through all the posts you may have missed I'd sum them up for you.  So here,
in a nutshell, are the last week's topics of discussion.

Everybody's home town has the BEST pizza place in the WORLD (except mine.
 You have to drive to Raleigh for the best pizza place in the world).
Mark Leaman doesn't look like Gregg Allman even if it sounds like he does.
The remixed Quad sucks.
No it doesn't.
Yes it does.
No it doesn't.
Fang doesn't eat meat.
Jimmy Page is either an artist or a rip-off artist.
Roger's eye probably really hurts bad.
There's some sort of weird noise at the beginning of 5:15.
New York is either dreadfully expensive or quite reasonable.
It seems like a lot of Who fans wear glasses (yours truly included).
Scalpers either suck or perform a vital service.
What if God was one of us?  Just a slob like one of us?
Pete made a joke at the '82 Toronto concert that nobody got (or gets).
There are many ways to get to New York & Madison Square Garden.
Some people want to meet at this bar before the MSG shows, some want to meet
at another one.
Stairway to Heaven is either easier or harder to play than Won't Get Fooled
Again.
People who went to Hyde Park liked it.

And...there you have it!

FOR ANYONE WHO'S INTERESTED:
Not going to MSG?  Me neither!  But I AM having a WW1 party on the 18th to
listen to the show. We're getting a pig cooker, a couple of kegs of
Greenshields Nut Brown Ale, and some big ass speakers.  Bring your dog, your
kids, whatever, but bring a great big old appetite and ear plugs cause we're
gonna play it loud.  You haven't lived till you've spent a warm (oh, hell,
let's admit it: hot) summer afternoon and night under the Carolina blue skies
in good old Durham scarfing down some chopped outside brown (wf:  for you and
our other vegetarian friends we'll be serving up a big ole batch of Alice's
famous veggie burgers which I actually PREFER to a hamburger, they're that
good) with a cold one to wash it down with some kick-ass rock and roll as a
soundtrack.  Durham is centrally located in North Carolina, North Carolina is
centrally located on the east coast--hell, you can get here from ANYWHERE.
 (Of course, the whole thing is off if I can't get off this godforsaken
island).  Just take I-85 to Durham and then follow your nose and your
ears--you can't miss it!

We're having a lovely time, wish you were here. . .
AThosWhite