Re: Tape hiss noises

   From: Litgo@aol.com
   Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 00:02:39 -0400

   Ken Traub, re:

   >I believe that the piano tracks from Pete's demos were used on the finished
   >recordings of several songs.

   On most of the songs except 5:15, Drowned and Dirty Jobs. Chris Stainton
   played on these.

   Litgo

Yes, though it seems to me that the intro to 5:15 could still have been
Townshend -- the piano has a different tone than the main body of the song,
where Stainton plays.  But thinking about it, I guess it's unlikely that they
would have bothered to take the piano intro from a demo tape, since it would
be less trouble just to play it again.

Ken