Re: Re (2): Pre-concert get togethers

Fang, Re:

>Kamesh, re:
>
>>Beefsteak Charlie's is actually attached to the Garden as you are walking
>>in so they are used to people just drinking there.  I believe that it can
>>handle a large crowd as many Knick fans pile there before games.
>
>And... you don't think it will be a bit "overcrowded" due to the other 19,000
>people loitering around before hand with nothing to do?
>
>I thought that since we all had "assigned" seats, we could be almost anyplace
>and not have to worry about "standing on line", etc... a bit more out of the
>way may ensure not running a million other people dressed up in "Who
>costumes"...

        Good point, but we have to consider the "out of towners" who are
not very familiar with the city, so the place we agree upon has to be easy
to find.  How far away do you have in mind?  I would not recommend anywhere
that's not walking distance.  Another thing to consider is that if we are
going to meet after the show, it will be late, and it will be dark.  I
don't know about anyone else, but I'm going by myself to two of the shows,
and I would be a bit more at ease if I didn't have to walk by myself to a
far away location.  A block or two is alright, but any further than that, I
wouldn't like it.  Suddenly Harp's Bar is looking better...What does
everyone else think?  We have a choice between Beefsteak Charlie's, a large
place that will most likely be packed before and after the shows, or
Harp's, which is a smaller bar, but a bit more out of the way.  It's a
place you more or less stumble upon, so maybe it won't be as crowded (yeah,
right.)  Or, we can find another place farther away from MSG.

                                                                        Stacey.