Re: new Quad (tape machine noise)

Mark Leaman wrote:

> >> BTW, you can't even get a train to Brighton from Waterloo - you need to
> go to
> >> Victoria. As far as I know that's always been the case
> >
> >That was exactly what I thought when reading Mark L's comments on Waterloo
> >Station for the first time.  But then I checked today's British Railway tables,
> >and lo and behold:  Mark L is somehow right.
>
> Bernd:
>
> Hey. It had to happen eventually.
> Actually, I wrote Waterloo Station merely because A) it sprang to mind as
> the main London terminal (I suppose), B) Victoria Station didn't even occur
> to me, & C) I am completely unfamiliar with London, so as far as I knew you
> could get anywhere from Waterloo.

Bernd, I'm once more amazed by your resourcefulness :-)

Mark, I thought you said Waterloo Station because it is pictured in the Quad booklet
with Jimmy ascending the stairs. My theory is that Waterloo was probably chosen for
the booklet because it's got a better looking entrance. It's all of little consequence
unless you ever want to travel to Brighton in "Jimmy Mode", in which case a change at
East Croydon or Clapham Junction is probably just not going to "do it" for you :-)

Cheers,
Mark T.