Re: IOW tape.... NTSC or SECAM

Fang, Re:

> WELL! What nerve! Do you know how much sleep I lost at the prospect that I
> might actually be.... wrong??? :)

I knew it, and I had mercy with you and decided that it would be better for you
if I were wrong instead :-).

> Just for that, you'll make that trip to NYC to see The Who... however,
> there's one slight catch... you'll have to be introduced to....   The
> McMuffin!   After that, well... we'll see...

Fang, from your words I conclude that your own look must be entirely flawless.
But I don't think that this gives you the right to tease everybody whose
outward appearance is less than perfect.  (Not that I am afraid of your
judgment on my look - I think my only flaw is that I am wearing glasses :-).)

I know what a great feeling it is not to have a single gram fat on one's belly.
And I agree with you that becoming fat usually is an irresponsible behaviour
with respect to one's health and to society (yes, fat people are a burden for
health care systems).  But are you aware that obesity sometimes is an illness
that cannot be avoided by just eating less?

Similar thing with baldness.  Do you really think that a certain space ship
captain has such a shiny head because he shaves and polishes it twice a day?
I don't think so.  And I hope for you that you don't have to have a desperate
look in the mirror every morning, singing the blues version of `Hope I die
before I get bald'...

As for meeting Who listers:  Yes, I would like to be introduced to everybody on
this list, regardless of their look.  And even if one of them had horns, a
tail, and cloven hoofs, I wouldn't care at all as long as the sulphur stench
wouldn't become unbearable... :-)

So, Fang, if you have some trouble with Lauren, then argue with her in a
reasonable fashion, and not with childish teasing like during the last few
weeks.

BTW:  What is a McMuffin?

Cheers,

Bernd