Magic numbers/New Quad

Hi all

Just got back from Vegas, where my Who system at the Roulette Wheel was
working very nicely. My Who system is to bet 19,21,9
,0,5,15,and 1.  5,15 and 1 were working great on July 2nd, the day of the new
Quad mix CD release. Spooky, huh? Of course, late at night on the 2nd,
sometime after midnight, (the 3rd,early AM actually) my luck hit the crapper.
I felt like freakin' Cinderella.

Anyhow, I just wanted to add my quater to the whole Quad debate. (2 cents
won't buy you anything in NY/NJ). I like the new mix. My girlfriend hates it.
I had read someplace where PT said that this mix is closer to what he had
originally intended, closer to what they heard in the studio. I don't know if
that is indeed the case, but at any rate I like it.

   My girlfriend almost threw the remote at my stereo when she heard I'm One.
The vocal mix is much to defined for her. She says that the distant echo of
the original mix is what makes the song for her. To her the vocal effect
underscores the meaning of the song.  With out that there, she feels it loses
something.

Anyhow, what I guess I am trying to say is that this remix clearly does not
have the universal appeal of LAL and WN. Those 2, IMO, improved a good thing.
The new Quad, as one of my good friends so eloquently put it "..is just like
when they fucked around with that whole new Coke thing." I don't now if that
is true or not, but
I liked new Coke, like the new Quad, and also like Bob Mould. My girlfriend
on the other hand hated new Coke, hates the new mix, and gets a headache
whenever she hears Mould.

Kyle in NJ

BTW, don't bother blasting me because I like Mould. I get it from her all the
time...Bob Mold...BM as in "are playing with that b.m. again?" etc.