Re: That Which Sustains

>BTW:  Religion not only has a spiritual value, but also a cultural one.  I like
>to visit churches and to go the mass whereever in the world I currently am.  It
>is interesting to see that in spite of all cultural differences the
>presentation of religion still feels the same everywhere...  But now Gary M.
>might again accuse me of observing the world too much with the eyes of a
>European :-).

Bernd:

I would agree that religion has had quite a cultural effect in history...but
not always a positive one. The current American Xtian intrusion into
politics notwithstanding (if they want to get involved, they should be taxed
like any other political organization), there are many examples for one to
cite. The Crusades, for a major one. What was done to the American Indians,
too...something *I* can certainly relate to.
Xtians have killed more people on this planet than any other single group.
Not a great track record, eh? Ah well...

Let me also add my request that you throw caution to the wind and join us
for some of the MSG shows. Not only would you be made welcome, but your
insight would be greatly appreciated. Hey, I have a ticket for ya on the 17th...
For once, take the American attitude and go with your gut instinct. After
all, you only live once...that is, unless (like me) you believe in
reincarnation. In which case you don't remember it, so what good is that?
Anyway, you don't want to be filled with regret that you didn't for the rest
of your life(s), now do you? If music is a spiritual event, then you would
only be furthering yourself along the path to enlightenment (hey, that's
damned fine logic there...I should be congratulated) and that should be your
primary task in life.

                   Cheers                   ML (champion of the new QUAD)

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend