Re: new Quad (tape machine noise)

>Christopher Goosman, re:
>
>>My biggest complaint is: the frigging tape
>>machine start-up noise at the beginning of 5:15.  COME ON!! Aren't you folks
>>supposed to be pros?
>
>I was surprised to hear this, too. However, listen to the old one. It's in
>the original. At around :09. You can hear the tape servo or something. Twice.
>The new one is cleaner so it's easier to hear. I had never noticed it the old
>version. Also, around :18 or so, there's some studio clanking that's been
>cleaned up on the new one.

Litgo:

So THAT is what Chris was talking about! I thought that was an environmental
sound from (I guess) Waterloo Station, as you can also hear some announcment
and people shuffling around and other stuff. It sounds like an impact to me,
perhaps a gate closing or something. Of course, I have never been to WS to
try to identify it...

                   Cheers                   ML (champion of the new QUAD)

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend