Re: Miscellany

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996 10:55:11 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Williams
<jeffw@mxim.com> wrote:

>Finally, on C-Span they had this guy Cliff Stoll lecturing about the
>usefulness of the internet.  I won't go into it, but call up CSpan and
>ask for a copy if you can.  Puts everything in perspective.  Very
>whacky guy.

Clifford Stoll is the author of a book, The Cuckoos Egg, which details
how he tracked down a West German bunch of hackers who were breaking
into American computers and passing stuff ot the Soviets. That made
him famous enough to write Silicon Snake Oil, which is about how the
Internet is really not that important after all.

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"I feel a very unusual sensation--if it's not indigestion,
I think it must be gratitude." Benjamin Disraeli