Re: Tommy and Phenomenon

>Happens all the time in Hollywood, look at Speed/Broken Arrow  almost same
>movie!

If it comes to that, Independence Day is a LOT like War Of The
Worlds...without spoiling the movie for those who want to see it (I enjoyed
it, and was surprised at how good Wil Smith was...Jeff Goldblum was
excellent as usual, and whathisname who plays Data was also good...even if
he does always play the same exact character). I second WF...it's worth
seeing, as long as you keep your expectations low plotwise. If you liked
Twister...
I haven't seen Phnomenon, and probably won't until it's on video, but the
tale of TOMMY is at least 2000 years old anyway...and BTW did Travolta write
it? Because if you assume that he "took" from TOMMY...he would have had to,
or one must direct the comment toward the writer.
On a related note, I understand that JT is planning to bring some of L. Ron
Hoover's (that's a Zappa joke, folks) SF to the screen...and since
remarkably, he DID write some good stuff, that could be good or bad.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend