Re: Rog injury

Gary M., Re:

> I just heard a news report on Canadian tv (in Toronto) that medical tests
> have established that bones were broken under Rog's eye when he was hit
> accidentally by Gary Glitter and that he will undergo an operation to repair
> the damage. There is no better testament to Roger's professionalism and true
> grit than that he played at Hyde Park notwithstanding this serious injury.

What Roger did last Saturday made him a hero of rock music (if he wasn't
already one...).  I suppose that all his doctors had recommended him not to
perform, but yet he did, for he knew that it was up to him to make more than
100,000 at Hyde Park and maybe millions in the world (via video tape) happy.

When I was writing my Hyde Park report, some details seemed to indicate that it
had been Roger's sheer determination to perform as usual which had made the
show an exciting one.  Two snippets of evidence:  a) The site crew had first
been told to put a microphone stand to the front of the stage, which was later
removed.  Roger obviously had decided to perform as he usually would do.
b) Pete eyed Roger suspiciously whenever they were onstage together.  During
the show, I thought that Pete had had some trouble with Roger before and was
now distrusting him.  But now I think that he was concerned that Roger could
have overestimated his physical powers.  It was great to see the two of them
embrace with relief after LROM.

Those many fans screaming `Roger, Roger!' over and over again were probably
already aware of his accident and admired him for performing nevertheless...

Does anybody know a good way to express our gratitude to Roger?  Does he like
mail from his fans?

Cheers,

Bernd