Re: Polydor Quad

Chris, Re:

> Folks,
> Anyone get this yet?  I'd just as soon buy it if it sounds better than the
> MCA version, since they're sold side by side here.

I don't have the trained ears of an audiophile, but to me, the new Polydor Quad
simply sounds great.  After having listened to it twice, my general impression
is that there's a lot more emphasis on the drums than before and that the
guitar sound is much cleaner at the high ends.  They have changed some details
about the vocal tracks, too, and almost everywhere this sounds like an
improvement to me.  I especially like Pete's vocal track on `I'm One'.  The
greatest track, however, is `The Rock':  I never heard Keith's drums as clearly
as on that one...

Since I don't have the MCA version, I cannot compare the two new releases.
Sorry.  But the Polydor version is worth its money just for getting this great
remix of `The Rock'...

Cheers,

Bernd

From: Litgo@aol.com