Re: NYC CD stores raided?

Hello Bruce
(And fellow WHO fans)

Here is the scoop from Newsday on the NYC bust of boot stores

2 Record Stores Raided

Peronet Despeignes

Investigators raided two Greenwich Village record stores and one Jackson Heights
warehouse
yesterday and seized thousands of counterfeit and bootlegged compact discs,
cassettes
and
videotapes.

The value of tems seized at Second Coming and Revolver Records was still
being tallied
last night.

Raids were also conducted at the Jackson Heights warehouse of Second Coming
Records
owner,
Andre Grabowicz, who was arrested along with Gladys Carpoli, a mail-order
business
associate,
officials said.

The raid, a result of an eight-month investigation, is the first undertaken
by any state
law enforcement
official under the new state law that makes it illegal to bootleg recordings
of live
music performances.

Investigators said Carpoli and Grabowicz may be charged in the
manufacturing, sale and
distribution
of bootleged cassette tapes, CDs, and videotapes and could face a maximum of
up to 4
years in jail
if convicted.

At 07:14 PM 7/3/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Anybody up north hear about the below events?  Please give details if
>you do.  I can't believe they would hit SC and Revolver and not hit
>Generations (easy Mark, NYC not SC).

Sammy Who?