Just One Question Now

>I've got the MFSL Gold version of QUAD, and this one blows it away. What
>you're missing here is that this one wasn't remastered...it was remixed.
>They took the original tapes of individual vocals and music and put them
>together again, and in a way that is similar but also dissemilar (and
>improved, IMHO) from the other version. The instruments all sound cleaner,
>in fact this sounds almost live. Which is what I've got to give credit to
>Astley for: his production goes for the live sound (as in LAL). The drums
>will blow you away...the bass will too. The vocals, guitar, and keyboards
>are all improved.

Wow!  No more than 30 seconds after I ask about a comparison between Mobile
Fidelity's QUAD and the new version before someone posts a response.  I'm
impressed.  But someone else is napping out there because 90 seconds have
gone by and I've yet to get an answer to my question about Rhino's reissues
of John's albums.

On another topic, if WW1 does announce a broadcast of Quad, I'd like to set
up a trade in advance with anyone taping it.  Out here in the wilds of
Southern Ilinois we lack a decent radio station but I'll need that tape.
I've got a fair selection of Who & Townshend material to trade, so e-mail
me if you're interested.  Thanks.

Jim McWilliams
mcwill@siu.edu