QUAD Wars

>WHERE THE HELL IS THE PIANO ON DROWNED???!!!!! (sorry, had to flame that)

Litgo:

Actually, I'd say that Drowned is (one of if not) the most improved song on
this remix. The piano is definitely there, but this version is driven by the
bass and drums. With some fantastic guitarwork previously hidden. And please
note that Daltrey after singing "In cold water..." is moaning. Bet that
isn't on the Japanese version...
Bell Boy sounds damned good, too. It's more of a "live Who" sound.

>Sea & Sand. Dizzying. The bringing forward of the three guitars in the mix
>brought out some mistiming.

One of my favorites on QUAD as it is, this version absolutely rocks. I
wouldn't have brought Townshend's vocal ("I'm the face if you want it,
babe.") up quite so much, but it's not bad.

>515: Where's the guitar? The verses (esp the responses -- i.e., the "Apple
>Scrumping" parts) where all bass/drums. No guitar to be heard.

It's there. True, some things (on the entire thing) have a different
emphasis. As on here. And there are many things different, as on The Real Me
is missing one "Can you see..."

>Bell Boy. At 3:46 you can hear someone overly anxious on a fader.

Are you sure you've got that timing right? That is the point where Keith
begins to sing: "People often change..." I don't hear what you're talking about.
BTW, on Bell Boy it's quite obvious that Astley deadened the backing vocals
("Bell bo-oy...") intentionally. As he did with the piano on Helpless
Dancer. He also added a bit of reverb on most (if not all) of Daltrey's vocals.

>Given the lack of quality-checking at MCA that I personally witnessed, is it
>possible that wf ended up with a faulty pressing?

That must be it, given the percentage of good reviews we're getting in on
this one.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend