Quad and Paintball

I have not heard the new Quad. I may never hear it unless I visit someone
on the list, or accidentily find myself somewhere that has it playing.  I
can't imagine why it was remastered.  All you have to do is go out and get
the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs version. No Eq or compression. Honestly, I,
like most on the list have been listening to Quad since 1973. That means
thousands of plays at least. Now, though the Original pressings were not
great we knew and know that clearly it is one of the most important rock
albums made. I also thought the sound was not an issue when the music,
songs and playing were and are of such huge magnitude.  I hear the drums,
bass guitar and vocals (acoustics are gorgeous throughout) and never
experienced the "muddiness" or lack of clarity in the mix that so many on
the list speak of concerning the original vinyl and bad cd (it is bad).  I
have had occasion to feel that rogers vocals, aside from some technically
flat singing (not criticism, just the truth) were a little low in the mix
at times, overall it is one of the best sounding albums ever released by
any band. Whether it's vinyl, or polymer the album sounds great. The Mobile
Fidelity is the best I have heard, the Japanese pressing is also excellent
but they kill whales and I very rarely by anything japanese unless i really
have to. Too much attitude and you about Too Much of Anything. ( I won't
eat sushi either) but who fucking cares as long as I have my who records.
They taste fine.

scott james

Scott James
SoundWave, The Pro Audio Web Site