Re: Quad CD ripoff - Nope

>Mark, re:
>
><< Funny, I don't feel ripped off at all. I have the best sounding QUAD
> available >>
>
>Really? When did you get the Japanese vinyl version or the German CD??? :)

wf:

I don't have them, but neither of those were remixed...and it's the remix,
the bringing out of previously hidden music, that make this the best
sounding QUAD available. The vocals fairly leap out of the mix (and frankly,
they are consistent on my copy...no change to just midrange) to the point
where it often sounds as if they are newly recorded (just as the "See me,
feel me" section in Xmas on TOMMY). Townshend has never sounded this good
before. Again, it is the remix that makes this one. The older versions have
different emphasis's. They bury certain parts. All of the defects I have
heard in every version I've heard are gone, completely. Unless they used a
different mix for the British and Japanese versions (two master tapes???),
this is the best sounding version.
I DO think you've got a defective copy, because a close listen to the CD
(and I was listening for those flat spots closely) revealed that there are
none on my copy. I could tell that even in my car on the way home. The only
"dead spots" I found are where the decision was made to deaden the piano or
change the place of an instrument in the mix.
It IS possible that you have a defective copy, too, even if it works well in
places. But I'll tell you what; tell me exactly where those dead spots are
in the vocals and I'll check again. I know that your equipment isn't at
fault (unless by chance your CD player needs to be aligned...that too is
possible).

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend