Re: Quad Review

Jeff, re:

<< Again, the mixes are uneven in cases. That is kind of a mystery. I'm not
conviin-
 ced that all the tracks had the orginal studio tapes from which to work.

That's a very polite way of putting it! I'd say not only are the mixes uneven
from track to track, but uneven within the track... several people have
e-mailed me and said, "what do you mean by 'flat'???" Picture this...
Daltrey's vocals start out on a song with "full" range,
both highs and midrange, sharp and clear... THEN all of a sudden, no highs,
just midrange as if the next sentance was just "compressed" or "dulled", then
as quickly as it dissappeared, the highs are back again. Or, songs like
"Helpless Dancer", where the instumental intro is flat, then the vocal part
of the song comes in full-ranged. It's like some pesky little kid snuck into
the mixing studio and kept turning up and down the treble knob... Townshend's
backing vocals have been flattened out for the most part as well...

To me, this is very severe and completely unacceptable...

 I'm sorry, I didn't see Wfang's review..  Didn't sound positive, but I'd
like to read it nonetheless.  Mr. Fang? >>

The above is as "polite" as it gets. I'm just glad that there are Polydor CDs
that were pressed before this piece of <Picard> that were fine... Hopefully,
by next week I'll have my Polydor "remix" version to see if this is MCA's
fault or the "gang" in England...

- -wf