Re: Quad CD ripoff

Greg, re:

<< I try to keep my life simple and easy - I will just sit back and continue
 enjoy the superior sound quality and warmth of my Japanese vinyl pressing of
 Quadrophenia (which I have yet to hear a CD successfully challenge BTW) and
 will laugh at those who swallow this crass commercailism called the
 remastered CD without any bonus tracks on it.

I'll agree with you on the Japanese vinyl "Quad" being the best, but I feel
the Polydor "Quad" CD is a close 2nd... And of course, I can't get the big
Sony discs to play in my car... :)

> Come on people - enough is enough.  I have heard the remastered Tommy - I
 still like the feel of my Japanese vinyl better.  >>

hMMM... have to say I never cared for the Japanese "Tommy" as I thought the
high end was kinda shaved off and it sounded a bit muddy. But then again, you
may have an "earlier" pressing... :) My favorite vinyl on "Tommy" was the USA
Decca and I'm very happy with the new CD...

- -wf