Quad Review

Well, I only ever had the US MCA album, circa 1980 print (my the flavor of
the month, Trish (a.k.a. Trash, a.k.a. Thrash, most appropriately Thrush!)
gave me) to compare with the current CD.  My only major complaint is the
mix on Dr. Jimmy.  After it, The Rock jumps out at you!  I was purty happy
otherwise.  NUMEROUS Moon yelps come out of the mix.  Listen for 'em.  THere
are dozens of them; mostly in the first disc.  I thought the good stuff  was
exquisite, and the guitar on Quadrophenia the song was really stand-out.
The bass was not like the mix (excuse me, I've got Christy Canyon on free=
per-view getting a royal boffing! oops carry on boys!) like Entwistle did on
the Movie mix, but it just kind of growled there just under the surface.  I
notice that this album is the first one where Moon kind of standardizes his
drums; that is to say, it's fairly easily playable note for note, though I
wouldn't pretend to match the live stuff from this era, like Drowned form
oops from the Largo show....  Anyways, my impressions were positive, as I
have never had the CD, or the Polydor stereo vinyl or what have you, and
I would NEVER claim to be any form of audiophile, though I can pick out what
I can pick out, and there's more Moon yelling by frickin' far.  Also, on
Dirty Jobs, the squawking after "you remember how we both would  (sic?) fight?
" is completely missing.

Again, I really liked it, and I only have the U.S. vinyl and the medium thereupon to play it, so it's not apples and apples...

Re:  Liner notes.  Sorry boys, I don't give a rip about the liner notes.
What are they gonna say?  Sorry, some of you will like it, and others won't.

Again, the mixes are uneven in cases. That is kind of a mystery. I'm not conviin-
ced that all the tracks had the orginal studio tapes from which to work.
I'm sorry, I didn't see Wfang's review..  Didn't sound positive, but I'd
like to read it nonetheless.  Mr. Fang?

Jeff