Re: Zeppelin improv rock

>Live at Fillmore East is IMO the best live rock album next to the new LAL,
>while The Song Remains the Same is a complete piece of overblown shit.

Chris:

Add to this GET YER YA-YAS OUT, too.
BTW, TSRTS is not a good representation of Zep live. They were fantastic in
`69-`71, and definitely in the ballpark with The Who (if in the outfield). I
offer the Fillmore West 4/27/69 show or the Paris Theatre `71 show as proof,
for two off the top of my head. By `73 (the year TSRTS was recorded), they
were on the way down. Even so, they did some great shows at least as late as
`75.
Just to be fair about this. And even Page didn't bother to remaster TSRTS
despite doing all of the other releases.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend