Re: LMLOTD & Tomorrow Never Knows

At 03:45 PM 07/02/96 -0400, AThosWhite@aol.com wrote:

>The e. cola mix of LMLOTD on coolwalking. . . (which I just got--yeah I know
>I'm lazy) struck me in the same way.  It's a lot more polished and less dark
>than the "new" TNK, but there's still a starkness that *I* think makes the
>song a hell of a lot more powerful.  I always liked LMLOTD even if I did
>consider it "froth," but I think I like this version a lot more--it doesn't
>seem quite as "frothy."  Does that make any sense to anyone out there?  I've
>seen a lot of "yeah, it's ok" on the list, but does anyone else like it
>better than the original?

Ok, here's an odd story. 16 years ago I bought my mother-in-law's house and
my wife and I were getting it ready to move into. Every night as we painted
and stuff we would listen to the radio, one of those stations that played
the same 10 songs over and over again. One of the songs was LMLOTD which I
liked a lot but I heard it so much it just finally got to me.

Anyways we are now in the process of getting a new house and it was just
strange that we now get a new version of the song. I don't like it better
but around the same. I think the deep bass is great and I also like the
synthesizer although it does seem to have a type of tackiness to it. I think
the new mix has a more hypnotic effect to it, kind of the same as "Baba
O'Riley."

I would have bought the CD just for that cut.

Joe
- -----
Joe Giorgianni
Queensbury, NY  12804

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.siggroup.com/thewho/albums