Re: Deaf Dumb & Blind or... New "Quad" Sux!

Litgo, re:

<< Doesn't anyone listen to these remixes before they're released? I guess
the
 sign outside MCA says: "Logic need not apply..."  >>

It goes well beyond that. These master tapes were signed off first in England
and delivered to MCA & Polydor... MCA's fault was that of accepting this
<PICARD>.

I've listened to most of it now (through "Bellboy"). What a piece of <Riker>
<Picard>!!! This thing has "flat spots" all over it. For example, you can be
listening to the intro to "Helpless Dancer" which is dead as a door knob,
then out of nowhere, the highs come in... Also, the highs float in and out of
various vocal tracks. One minute the song sounds fine, the next, the vocals
are flat as can be. It's as if the tape heads were dirty when they mastered
this, but it goes way beyond that. It's not like every 10 seconds the sound
gets flat, as if the tape was sitting on a magnet or something...

How this "thing" got released is beyond me. I WILL do some investigating...
As for the "remixing" part, whatever was done was ruined by the above
problems. On first (and maybe last listen), "The Real Me" plays with the
guitar parts and "I'm One" changes a bit. However, it really doesn't matter,
since this thing is so annoying to listen to. If you're still scratching your
heads... you know how the highs drop in and out a bit on the "Quad" demo
boots? That's NOTHING compared to this... PEEE-UUUU....

- -wf