Re: PETE ATTACKS WHAMMY BAR

At 15:25 1/30/96, Michael D. Mullins wrote:
>   Your usual Fender tremolo arm, mine included, has a big, rounded plastic tip
>on it, and I wondered aloud a couple of posts ago just how one would go about
>getting one of these decidedly "un-sharp" items to go completely through one's
>hand.  Maybe I'm basing my thoughts on an incorrect assumption of physics, but
>I would think it this task would be made much easier if it were just the thin,
>not-necessarily-rounded, metal tip of the bar that was being run through.
>
>                                                          M.M.

Hi Michael,

OK, I think I get it now.  My thinking was, if he had an un-tipped whammy
bar in the previous pictures, wouldn't that mean that he had had practice
with the sharper bars and thus would be _less_ likely to ram one through
his hand.  Of course you're right in thinking it's harder to jam a blunter
object through anything.

Actually, I was surprised that he hadn't done that before, when I stopped
to think about it -- all those years, all those windmills...

Alan

"It's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do* *my* *job*."
                                           - Pete Townshend