Pete and his hands

          Gang,

          Here's something I thought the list might find interesting.
          It may prove to be a heretofore unknown item for many of
          you.

          The recent discussion about Pete's windmilling and how he
          has often/occasionally hurt himself doing it reminded me--in
          1980 on one of the Who's two mini-tours of N. America, Pete
          broke his right pinkie in San Diego.  How? He punched a wall
          "out of sheer exuberance."  Here's one time Pete suffered
          but not for his art but rather because of his own
          stupidity/inebriation--your guess is as good as mine.

          Also, if you want some proof that Pete's windmilling is
          often real, check out the June 26, 1980 RS interview with
          Pete (Pete jumping on cover in mauve duds with SG in hand).
          The first pic of Pete is with his right hand bloodied and
          dripping.  I'm sure his windmilling was sometimes real and
          sometimes pure illusion.

          --Jim