Re: FAKE WINDMILLS

>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 09:57:02 EST
>From: YMEG09A@prodigy.com (MR THOMAS G FARRELL JR)
>Subject: Re: FAKE WINDMILLS
>
>John,
>   (laughing)  Yeah, those were quiet windmills.  The way I understand
>it, he didn't even play guitar on the 1989 Tour... just kind of went
>through the motions (including windmills), and had someone else do the
>lead work.

Did you actually see any of the '89 shows??  Yes, Steve Bolton was taken on
to do lead.  Yes, a friend of mine said that _at times_ Pete was not
actually hitting the strings (I can't verify this of my own observation).
But to say that he "didn't play guitar on the 1989 tour" is just simply
wrong.  He played acoustic, electric, and screaming electric soloes.

Alan

If you don't think Sha Na Na blew all these other jokers off the stage at
Woodstock, you must still be feeling the effects of the brown acid.
                -- SPUNKI@aol.com on thewho@mpath.com