JAE in Pokipsee

I saw this show from the front and I liked the mix better than from further
back -- enough complaining about excessive volume. The consolation is that
there's not so much strident high frequency annoyance (or is that just my
hearing loss?).
It's become apparent that John and Steve are really happening. The set was
like Danbury except that they seemed to sort of throw in the towel at the
point when they played `Too Late The Hero' in Danbury and went for a
crowd-pleaser:

Heaven & Hell
Had Enough
Success Story
Trick of the Light
Bridges Under Water
The Real Me
Long Live Rock
My Size
Boris

These next two are really great vehicles for John to do his thing. The sound
may be just barrelling out at you at this constant massive volume, but he's
drawing you into the excitement and manages to BUILD the excitement as he
stretches out:

Life After Love
Love is a Heart Attack
My Wife
Last Song
encore:
Summertime Blues
(no 2nd encore)

I like the way the vocals comes across as lower priority than the bass and
drums, for a change. It makes the show a unique opportunity, besides SEEING
the legend. I'd like to hear a line recording.