Re: Monterey

>Henry Diltz:  "Backstage, Townshend and Hendrix had been going back and forth
>about who should folllow whom.  John Phillips had finally resolved the issue
>by flipping a coin.  The Who lost, which is why they came out and played with
>such a vengeance."

This topic has been bandied about all week, without any conclusion either
way.  I still say Pete WON the coin toss, and that the Who didn't want to
follow Hendrix.  Unfortunately, my opinion is only from memory I don't have
any reference material with me in Tokyo.  Does anyone have conclusive
evidence either way?  Also, on behalf of those of us who can't see
Entwistle, keep those concert reviews coming!

Regards,

Chris
http://www.trn.or.jp:80/~chris/
150 東京都渋谷区東 3-12-12