Monterey - who came first

All this talk about the Who going before Hendrix...someone mentioned that
the Grateful Dead was sandwiched between them.  That reminded me of a quote
I saw from Jerry Garcia about their place on the schedule.  Something to
the effect of the Who coming out and tearing through their set and smashing
the equipment and all hell breaking loose and how silly the Dead felt
following that with their "plink, plink, plink" (that's close to the actual
phrase he used, as I recall) sound.  It was a pretty amusing anecdote.

I'm on the road this afternoon to catch the Danbury show.  See some of you
there?  --Tom