Re: monterey festival

>   Actually, I've got six Who tracks.  By the way, you seemed to imply in
>your message that the tracks on the box set are exerpts from the full
>performances.  That's something I've always wondered: is the performance on
>the box set the full set for the Who?  It doesn't sound like there are any
edits
>in between songs, but six songs is an awfully short set.  Can anyone with a
boot
>of the Who's Monterey show shed some light on this?

Mike:

That is the entire set, as far as any versions I've ever run across. You
must remember that at the time, some bands were doing 20 minute shows...like
The Beatles, for instance. Later the same year they backed Herman's Hermits.
The Who hadn't made it in the USA, so they were still the "opening act."