Re: quick one booklet

For some reason, the address given was undeliverable, so I'm posting this to
the group.  For those of you with the propper booklet, this message is
brought to you by your department of redundancy department.  Enjoy...

>I am one of those unfortunate who has the misprinted booklet
>in the re issue of A QUICK ONE. They printed the info of
>"Don't look away" to "Barbara Ann" twice instead of "Disguises"
>to "My generation/Land of hope and glory".
>
>Is here anybody out there who has got the missing info on-line
>and can send it to me by e-mail?
>
>Or maybe there is someone who is so kind enough to type it over
>and send it to me.
>
>Thanks in advance

Disguises 3'10
(Pete Townshend) Towser Tunes, Inc. (BMI)
Recorded at Pye and IBC Studios during June and July of 1966. Released on
the "Ready Steady Who!" EP.

Doctor, Doctor 2'59
(John Entwistle) Gowmonk, Inc. (BMI)
Recorded at Ryemuse Sound, London on April 7, 1967. Origionally released as
the B-side to 'Pictures Of Lily' on April 22, 1967.

I've Been Away 2'07
(John Entwistle) Gowmonk, Inc. (BMI)
Recorded at Regent Sound, London in November 1966. Origionally released as
the B-side of the UK single of 'Happy Jack' on December 3, 1966.

In The City 2'21
(Keith Moon/John Entwistle) TRO-Essex Music, Inc. (ASCAP)
Recorded at IBC Studios, December 1955. Origionally released as the B-side
to 'I'm A Boy' on August 26, 1966. Keith and John, having failed to inform
Pete and Roger about the session, are the only members of The Who playing on
the backing track. Pete added some guitar overdubs later.

Happy Jack (Acoustic Version) 2'51
(Pete Townshend) TRO-Essex Music, Inc. (ASCAP)
Recorded at IBC Studios, November 1966. The electric version of 'Happy Jack'
reached #3 in the UK charts in December 1966. It was also the first record
by The Who to make the US singles charts. This acoustic version is
previously unreleased. Pete plays Cello.

Man With The Money 2'45
(Don & Phil Everly) c1965 Acuff-Rose Music, Inc.
Recorded at IBC Studios in August 1966. This song was origionally recorded
by the Everly Brothers for their "Beat And Soul" album, released in August
1965. It also appeared on the B-side of the Everly's single 'Love Is
Strange' later that year, which is probably where The Who first heard it.
Previously unreleased.

My Generation/Land Of Hope And Glory 2'03
(Pete Townshend/Edward Elgar) TRO-Devon Music, Inc. (BMI)
This previously unreleased recording of 'My Generation' was origionally
intended for inclusion on the "Ready Steady Who!" EP. Keith Moon's snare
drum sound has never been bettered. The urbane Kit Lambert can be heard
offering his opinion at the climax: "That's perfect!"

Theo,

I typed this verbatum, one thing of note is the blurb for 'In The City',
stated that it was recorded in 1955; and released in 1966.  Just so you know
that this is a typo in the booklet, and not my mistake.  I simply didn't
edit it.  Well, enjoy...

that abubbica guy: Steve
abubbica@intersteve.com