Re: Who's Next

>> 3.  I don't know.  I think the new "Pure and Easy" sounds really good
>> programmed right after "Baba 'O Riley."
>
>Maybe it's the placement of the songs rather than the change in sound that
>makes the additions seem "tacked on".  I don't know.  In any case, the new
>work definitely does not flow well, IMO.

There's a definite difference in the quality of the production between WGFA
and the NY sessions. P&E sounds less finished, even productionwise (and no
doubt it wasn't done until this release). Ditto for Baby Don't You Do It,
although in that case it works rather well.
Look at Too Much Of Anything, which also came from the Glyn Johns
production. Again we hear a polished, finished sound.
In terms of flow, I think that they weren't trying for that (except on SELL
OUT, and of course the new material on LEEDS was incorporated). IMHO, they
had only two goals: beat the boots, as Jim has said and I agree, and to give
those of us who already have these albums on CD a further reason to get them.

                       Cheers                              ML