Re: Reunion tours and such

>An "unplugged"-type tour with Pete would have been very
>successful (tour, CD, video), but it turned out to be
>assessed as a simple "money grab". The Who have the material;
>they just need a good PR firm to market their stuff
>(maybe they need the same firm that the Americans used
>for the Gulf War).

A PR firm?  Reminds me of the old phrase, "You can fool some of the
people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time..."  You
can spend all you want on PR, but when Pete Townshend says, "My
accountant told me I'd be a rich man if I did this, so I did," things
have a way of crashing like the stock market.

Later,

Scott
(swandwn@agora.rdrop.com)