Entwistle's tour

I was in Southern California over the weekend and, in the L.A. Times, John's
tour is advertised for the House of Blues in L.A./Hollywood on March 5.  They
spelled his last name "Entwhistle".  Oh, well.  Maybe they'll get it right
later.

A related subject to the lack of promotion of the Who catalogue by MCA is how
little the band is marketed in other areas as well.  A while back, I searched
many poster shops in San Francisco to try to find Who posters.  Other than
the poster advertising "The Who's Tommy", I could not find a single one.  On
the other hand, there were posters for sale everywhere of the Stones,
Beatles, Zeppelin, Doors, (not to mention Nirvana, REM, etc.) and pretty much
every other band who has had any significant popular following.

Finally, I went to a record store which specializes in hard to find rock
momorabilia.  There, (after the owner of the shop did considerable searching
in the back) I was able to locate an original "Who Are You" advertising
poster, as well as one for "Who's Next."  I would really think that there is
an untapped market out there for Who posters and other memorabilia.  The band
should not be keeping the low profile that it is.

Jon Karesh